Canadian Rockies Overview
Author Google+ Profile
- The Bow River in Banff National Park flows as far as Hudson’s Bay!
- Banff got its name from Banffshire, Scotland, the birthplace of the two original directors of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
- Learn hands-on hiking and camping skills from the Mahikan Trails company of guides near Canmore, Alberta.
- There are nearly 2500 campsites in Banff.
- The Jasper Tramway is the longest and highest reversible tramway tour in the Canadian Rockies.
- Lake Louise has won several ski awards for its skiing conditions. Skiers return year after year for spectacular skiing at Lake Louise.
- The Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park offers fabulous cross-country skiing conditions in the winter and biking in the summer.
- The melt water of the Columbia Icefield feeds streams and rivers that pour into the Arctic, Atlantic, and Pacific oceans.