Southern Alberta Overview
Author Google+ Profile
- Check out the Remington Carriage Museum in Cardston and enjoy your very own carriage ride!
- Brooks Alberta is a athlete’s sportsman’s paradise with ample opportunity for hunting and fishing. Visit nearby Kinbrook Island Provincial Park, Alberta’s largest manmade lake, where water sports and fishing are among the most popular activities.
- Climb into the mouth of the world’s largest dinosaur (25 m/ 80 ft tall) in Drumheller for a unique view of the Drumheller valley!
- Medicine Hat Alberta was named because of a battle between the Cree and Blackfoot Indians on the Alberta River. The Crees’ Medicine Man lost his headdress midstream, which was considered a bad omen, and caused the Cree Indians to cease their attack. The Blackfoot Indians then seized the opportunity to win the battle.
- Learn how to square dance at the Great Canadian Barn Dance near Waterton Lakes National Park, which takes place on Friday evenings in a real barn at a 40 acre family resort. You can even rent a teepee and stay the night!